Ceratec.com (“Ceratec”) respects the privacy of its customers, suppliers and visitors. Ceratec believes in protecting your privacy. This policy outlines how we obtain, share and collect personal information. By using our site and/or providing personal information to us, you agree to the terms of this policy. The purpose of collecting personal information from you is to improve your experience using the Ceratec website and to provide you with additional information on our products, services and promotions. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies, other entities or websites that Ceratec does not manage or control. It applies to interactions you have with the Ceratec.com website or with a member of the Ceratec team. This policy also covers our treatment of any personal information shared with us by third parties.
Updated 8th August 2018
Personal information is identifiable information about you as an individual. We collect personal information such as your name, your home address, your financial information, your personal preferences, ONLY as part of conducting transactions with you.
Your contact information is your name associated with your business address, business email, business telephone, business fax and other business contact information. Contact information is not personal information.
Types of personal information Ceratec collects from you
We may collect information from your IP address in relation to your location. The data is used to best match our products to the areas of demand.
Payment and Shipping information
When you purchase a product on the Ceratec.com website we collect your financial information to process the order. We may also collect your billing and shipping addresses for the purposes of fulfilling your transaction. We may also collect your order history and feedback in relation to your experience with Ceratec.
We might track the pages you visit or the path you took to land on the Ceratec website page and what website you visit when you leave us. We collect this information using tracking tools. For more information on these tracking tools please check your browser’s Privacy Preferences page.
How Ceratec collects personal information from you
There are many ways you give information to us directly, which includes but is not limited to, the following:
* Social media interaction through third-party websites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
* Information you input into our website in connection with purchasing the products advertised
* All other communications with members of the Ceratec team
* Résumés, cover letters and pre-screening calls in connection with an employment opportunity at Ceratec
* Views of our online advertisements or emails
How Ceratec collects non-personal information
We gather non-personal information from you indirectly
This is mainly through your browser using tracking tools like behavior tracking, pixel tags and cookies. Third parties such as delivery companies may also give us updated information in connection with your order.
Do not track signals
Ceratec website does not respond to Do-Not-Track signals from the browser. Instead, you can download and install browser plugins to automatically block tracking technologies.
How Ceratec uses your personal information
Ceratec may collect and use your personal Information for the following purposes :
* Contacting you in relation to your online visit and/or telephone call with our sales team, fulfilling orders and sales, and following up with you in relation to your order
* matching your location with the products you have selected to ensure proper and expeditious delivery to you
* to communicate with you about your inquiry, your account, your shopping cart or our relationship
* to look at website trends and customer interests
* to administer and build your Ceratec account
* to market new services and products that we believe will be of interest to you (including by email, SMS text message and push notifications to your browser or mobile app)
* to collect a debt owed to Ceratec or its agents; or to pay a debt owed by Ceratec
* to help us make credit decisions about clients or check the identity of new clients to prevent fraud and money laundering
* to help us make a decision with respect to employment or an appointment with Ceratec
* to identify you if you visit our office premises
* for other uses we may disclose to you from time to time
* and as required or authorized by law.
Disclosure of personal information
Information about our customers is an important aspect of our business. Ceratec undertakes to treat this information with integrity and does not and will not sell or disclose your information unless for business purposes or as required by law. We will use contractual or other arrangements to protect information disclosed to third parties, who perform services on our behalf. These third parties include, but are not limited to, delivery service providers who ship and deliver your online orders. By providing information to us, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information outside of Canada.
Ceratec may disclose your personal information :
* When the services we are providing to you require us to give information to third parties, for example: providing government-assigned identification numbers to customs brokers or other third parties responsible for processing customs clearance for shipments
* If we engage a third party to provide services to us (such as payroll processing for employees, computer backup services, archival file storage, customer relationship management, advertising distribution, behaviour tracking, marketing animation, delivering orders, processing credit card payments) and the third party is bound by confidentiality obligations
* We may have to share information with vendors and manufacturers to respond to your feedback, comments or reviews
* Where it is necessary to collect a debt owed to Ceratec or its agents, or to pay a debt owed by Ceratec
* To protect us if we suspect fraud, we may disclose your information as part of an investigation
* To respond to an emergency where the health or safety of any individual is reasonably believed to be threatened
* If the information is already publicly known; and when we are required or authorized by law to do so
* In other circumstances where you have consented to the disclosure
* We may collect, use and disclose Information without your consent when we are required or authorized by law to do so
How Ceratec secures your information
Ceratec takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure.
The steps we take to protect your information include:
* Premises security
* Restricted file access to your information
* Deploying technological safeguards like encryption, access control, and firewalls to protect against hacking or unauthorized computer access
* Use of secure socket layer (SSL) to encrypt credit card transactions
* Use of authentication to access your account
* Periodical reviewing of security measures
Beyond the implementation of conscientious information protection best practices, you should be aware that Internet communications are not absolutely private or confidential. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any personal information in your possession. Note that certain parts of the site services such as blog and learning centre posts are public and your comments may be viewed by other users and site visitors.
Access to your personal information
Unsubscribing from Marketing and Promotional Material
From time to time, Ceratec may engage a third-party marketing agency to distribute advertisements to consumers who have expressed an interest in receiving such material. For this purpose, the marketing agency may use its own distribution list. This list is not under Ceratec’s control and may not be shared with Ceratec. In relaying an opt-out request to a third-party marketing agency, Ceratec therefore accepts no responsibility for any consequences to the requester arising from the actions of the agency. You may wish to opt out of receiving certain information or marketing and promotional material distributed directly by Ceratec. You may do so by selecting the opt-out or unsubscribe feature in our online communications including our online newsletter and product updates. We may also obtain your consent to send push notifications to your browser. These notifications will contain news and offers from Ceratec.com and may be tailored based on your interests and the areas of our website you have visited. You can stop receiving these notifications at any time by changing your browser settings.
* If you are using Chrome, click here for instructions on how to change your notification settings and unsubscribe from browser push notifications
* If you are using Firefox, click here for instructions on how to change your notification settings and unsubscribe from browser push notifications
* If you are using Safari, click here for instructions on how to change your notification settings and unsubscribe from browser push notifications
For more information, contact us at the contact information set out below.
To initiate any of the above requests please contact us at [email protected]. When contacting us please provide sufficient detail to enable Ceratec to confirm your identity. Ceratec may contact you directly to confirm your identity. Upon receiving this request, Ceratec will respond to your query as soon as possible and information will normally be released to the requester within 30 days, except where that release is prohibited by law.
Individuals have the right to withdraw their consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of information at any time, except where that withdrawal would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation by Ceratec.
Accessing or Correcting Your Information
Individuals have the right to know what information Ceratec has collected about them, how that information is being used, and to whom it has been disclosed, as well as to verify and amend that information if it is incorrect. If necessary, Ceratec will correct the information if requested to do so.
Removing Information stored by Ceratec
Upon reasonable written notice given to Ceratec, all information held by Ceratec that is identifiable to that individual will be removed from our records and confirmation of that removal will be provided to the individual. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you withdraw consent, Ceratec nonetheless reserves the right to retain, collect, use and disclose information without your consent where we are permitted by law to do so.
Denial of Access to Information
Your right to access your information is not absolute. We may deny access when :
* denial of access is required or authorized by law
* granting you access would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy
* protecting our firm’s rights and property
* the request is deemed to be frivolous or vexatious.
If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct your information, we will explain why.
We do not target children in our advertising and our website is not created for children. To our knowledge we do not collect information from users under the age of 18. If you think that we have information about your child please contact us at [email protected]
Retention of your personal information
Information will be retained for as long as may be necessary or relevant for the identified purpose of collection, or as may be required or permitted by law, after which time we will no longer retain identifiable information
This policy will be governed by the laws of the Province of Quebec and the laws of Canada applicable therein, excluding any conflict of rules that would apply to another body of law. This policy constitutes and contains the entire agreement between you and Ceratec with respect to its subject matter and supersedes any prior oral or written agreements.
If any provision of this policy is held to be illegal or unenforceable, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this policy will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
414 St-Sacrement, Québec, Québec G2G 2H5